External Site Notice

You are now leaving the Los Angeles County Waterworks Districts website and linking to a site that may contain commercial advertising. The LA County Waterworks District does not endorse or support any of the advertising that may be contained on that site. Please see our Privacy Policy. Do you wish to continue?

Frequently Asked Questions

If the information below does not meet your needs, please contact LACWD at the Lancaster Office (661) 942-1157, Alhambra Main Office (626) 300-3335 or (626) 300-3386, or the Malibu Office (310) 456-6621.


Your Water Bill

How do I pay my bill?

Your water bill can be paid online using MyWAM, in person at your local District office, over the phone by calling 1-877-637-3661, or by mail.

If you wish to pay after regular business hours, drop your payment with the payment stub in the overnight deposit box located at the entrance of the District office.

Mailing your payment:
Enclose the detachable bottom portion of your bill, along with a check or money order for the amount due, in the envelope provided to ensure speed and efficiency in processing. Please do not include cash or coins. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your payment to be received and posted on your account.

If the envelope provided is lost, please mail your payment to the following address:
Los Angeles County Treasurer
P.O. Box 512150
Los Angeles, CA 90051-0150

How do I register for MyWAM?

Click here for a step by step guide on how to register for MyWAM.

Can I set up my account to be paid automatically, and can I pay by credit card?

The new My Waterworks Account Manager (MyWAM) allows you to easily access and manage your LACWD account online and view billing policies and rate information anytime, anywhere. Register for MyWAM to securely view your account balance, pay your bill and monitor your water consumption—you’ll even be able to compare your water use to your region. After completing the MyWAM online registration process you will have several payment options to choose from including eCheck, credit card, quick pay, which allows you to make a one-time payment using your credit card or checking account, and auto pay, which allows you to set up automatic payments using your credit card or checking account.

When is my bill due?

Your water bill is due and payable upon presentation. You have 25 days from the date the bill is prepared to make your payment before the bill is delinquent. Bills that are delinquent are subject to a $10.00 late fee. A $33.00 fee is charged to cover processing costs for all returned checks.

How many gallons of water are represented by each "unit" on the water bill?

Each billing unit is 100 cubic feet of water which is equal to 748 gallons.

What is my water rate?

Click here to view your water rate.

Why do the Districts not offer reduced rates to "low-income customers"?

LACWD established its water rates based on the fair distribution of the true cost of water which includes operational and maintenance costs, administrative expenses, and reserves for capital improvements and emergency. Rate reduction to certain customers based on income or age for the same amount of water used would unfairly require a rate increase on other customers to subsidize the reduced rates.

Are my water bills considered public record?

The LACWD confidentiality clause in the Rules and Regulations states that individual customer applications and billing and payment records are not public records and cannot be released. The only exceptions are released under a court order or written authorization of the account holder.

How can I put the water bill under a different name?

If you are the owner of the property and want to establish water service in your name, you must complete and sign an application for service. Also, as part of the application for service, you must provide proof of ownership. The most common proof is a copy of the recorded Grant Deed for the property to be serviced.

If you have already established water service in your name, and want the water bill to go to a tenant or another payer, a new application for water service must be completed and jointly signed by both the owner and tenant. The water bill can be prorated to the date of occupancy. The owner of the property to be serviced is ultimately responsible for the account, even if the bills are sent to another payer. The owner will receive "owner bill" copies of all bills and notices that go to the service address.

Please contact your local District office for additional information, or if you would like to have the forms faxed or mailed to you.

Waterworks Site:  FAQ  |  Contact  |  SiteMap